So we have a few rules and requirements (subject to change) and we really think you should read them. Why? Because if you violate them, we reserve the right to disqualify you and kick you out of the competition.
- Make sure you bring your Student ID
- You must have a way to connect to both wired and wireless networks. You can do this with one computer or you can do this with 2 computers. Just make sure you can do it.
- Bring your registration comfirmation; this should have been emailed to you. If you didn’t receive an email confirmation, something went wrong with the registration process. Let us know, and we’ll help you sort it out.
- Bring your thinking cap and your sense of humor.
- Don’t be a jerk; Attacking your fellow H3’s isn’t very nice AND will result in immediate ejection from the competition
- Please do not delete any log files; We use this information to track who has completed which portions of the competition.
- No Denial of Service Attacks or ARP Poisoning, please and thank you.
- For the contest, you will be given a range of IP addresses that point to vulnerable hosts; Don’t attack anyone/anything else. We will take your points away
- Do not spoof your MAC address – especially if you want to get any points for any of your accomplishments
- If you do anything stupid or illegal, you may be subject to ridicule and prosecution
||08.00 – 10.00
||07.30 – 09.30
||09.30 – 10.00
||10.00 – 13.00
||13.00 – 14.00
||14.00 – 19.00
||19.00 – 20.00
||20.00 – 22.00
|Winners Annouced/Awards Presented
||22.00 – 00.00
A Few Contest Details:
Parking is free in the deck next to the conference center please park on the top floor of the parking deck!
We’ll also have a couple of vans running from 0730-0830 and 0930-1030 at 15 minute intervals. We will pickup at the bus stop in front of Klaus
At leaving time, we recommend using the stingerette, however we can also offer you a ride if necessary
Bring your own Box and Sudent ID!
To kick off the competition itself, participants will be briefed and rules and prizes will be revealed; the competition will begin shortly afterwards. During the competition there will be 2 network shutdowns, one during the lunch hour and during the dinner hour. These network shutdowns are intended to give participants the opportunity to network with Security Professionals, Sponsors, potential future employers, and other participants without the risk of losing a competitive advantage. In addition to a lunch and dinner, we’ll be providing snacks throughout the durating of the competition as well as a variety of fun activities to destress in the room next door. The competition will end at 22.00, and the winner(s) will be announced shortly thereafter. We will be monitoring all local network traffic at the competition for purposes of ensuring adherence to the rules and scoring.