H3’s Social Media Recon Challenge (SMRC) is kicking off registration November 2013! SMRC is a two month online game of hide and seek that will last through the end of January 2014. The Georgia Tech resident hacking club, the GreyH@Ts, will begin the game by hiding multiple flags throughout various social media site across the World Wide Web. Think you can you find the GreyH@Ts, capture their flags, and figure out what they are up to?
NOVEMBER 1ST, 2013 – REGISTER NOW!
DECEMBER 1ST, 2013 – GAME BEGINS
JANUARY 31ST, 2014 – GAME ENDS
Who: SMRC is presented to you by H3 in partnership with the GreyH@Ts, Georgia Tech’s hacking club.
What: SMRC is a two month online game of hide and seek. Over the next few months, the GreyH@Ts will hide a variety of flags across the World Wide Web. Your team’s (1 or many humans) challenge is to find the GreyH@Ts, figure out what they are up to, and capture their flags.
When: Registration for SMRC will open November 1st, 2013. The challenge will begin on December 1st, 2013 and continue through January 31st, 2014.
- Start building your team (1 or many humans).
- Subscribe to the H3 mailing list and we’ll keep you posted on registration and other important info.
- Join the conversation on the H3 forum. Use this to ask questions, get clues, and keep up with the competition.
- Keep up with H3 social media. You never know where you might find the latest clue or flags.
- 1st Place: $3,000 Technology Shopping Spree
- 2nd Place: $1,000 Technology Shopping Spree
- 3rd Place: $500 Technology Shopping Spree
- Find Flag First: H3 SMRC T-shirt (max of 10 per team)
The Fine Print:
- You must have a valid college or university student ID to win.
- SMRC is not exclusive to Georgia Tech students. The challenge is open to all college and university students anywhere in the world.
- This is an online challenge; therefore you must have a way to get to the World Wide Web.
- Your team (1 or many humans) must be registered to begin the challenge, be eligible to win prizes, and maintain a status on the leaderboard.
- Registration will open on November 1st, 2013 and will not close until January 31st, 2014.
- If you do anything stupid or illegal, you may be subject to ridicule and prosecution (e.g. Denial of Service Attacks, breaking into a system without prior written approval).